Friday, July 15, 2011

It's All About ME!

Watch me digitally beam right now...well, kinda. Been having some things happen, like getting my first (and probably last) cover on a skateboard magazine! Focus Magazine decided to use a photo that Ben Kilpatrick shot of me and sent in. Click on images to view larger.





We went to this spot one day because I figured someone could film a trick from one bench to the next one (I think Tim Bennett was on deck), and I started playing around on it, trying some trick, then realized that I was getting my ollies easily past the first bench, so I hucked a couple at the far bench, over the middle one and wasn't too far off. It got too dark that night to see what I was doing, so I went back the next day and ended up getting rained out, then went back another time and kept trying until I got too tired, then went back again and just as I was about to give up for the day, I stuck it. The landing being made of plastic made many attempts just slide across, which was tricky.

Next was the May issue of Thrasher! Ben Kilpatrick got a Skater's Eye feature and submitted a bunch of photos for them to choose from. One of the ones they selected was my 5-0 fakie in Philly from the Naysayer Tour last summer, which they ran half a page of.





Also, in the January issue of Focus, there was a tour article from our trip down south last summer, in which they ran a half page of my frontside wallride in Charlotte, NC. Here are the contents of the article.





I put together a full-length video for Naysayer called Know No (you can see it in parts here) and ended up having a little part myself:



Lastly, here are a couple other pictures Ben shot of me this year. This one is a super steep bank to wallride in Paris shot back in May.



This one is a woodjammer to fakie he shot in April, right after he moved to NYC.



Okay, that was kinda embarrassing. Enough about me, what's up with you??

2 comments:

Gastric Kitty said...

Eby, you rock! I'm so proud of you. It's awesome to see you on the cover of Focus. I'm still awed that you went to Paris this year. So sweet!

b0lly said...

dude, that's p gnar. keep it up!