Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vehicle City

If you have ever seen a Michael Moore movie or show, or have read one of his books, you are familiar with his hometown of Flint, Michigan. It was a town booming decades ago due to General Motors presence but was left without a leg to stand on when they abandoned the city for foreign soil, to save on costs. Anyway, while the town has suffered a slow death, there are still people there that keep skating, despite the condition of their boards. I went over there recently and some really rad people. I decided to throw together a clip from some of the skating I found myself among. This clip features myself (Eby Ghafarian), Christina McCollum (Polly), Stephen McCollum, & Kickflipping Kurt. I used the first recorded track from Polly's band Cheerleader. It is called "You're Not That Comfortable." You can find them on Facebook. Enjoy!

Flint, MI from Naysayer Skateboards on Vimeo.

No comments: