Sunday, December 12, 2010

Work, Skate.

Life has been pretty wild lately, but this is only the beginning. As of tomorrow I will technically have 4 jobs, which will be intense, but the good kind of intense. They are all very different will all give me varying degrees of professional fulfillment (I enjoy all of them). While I have been trying to update this blog more, I am worried it will suffer another lull, however. One of my jobs is doing freelance writing for the Complex Magazine Art Blog. My first article went up the other day for that: The Top 10 Skateboard Artists Right Now. It was a fun article to write, albeit a bit difficult to find good graphic resources to pull from. Also, since it is to reflect the Complex branding, my intro was altered a bit to be in the Complex voice, which is understandable. Perhaps I should integrate "put on ice" into my vernacular? I quite enjoy writing and and stoked on the opportunity to write for them on the side, most of which will be about skateboarding and art.

Aside from work stuff, I have been trying to skate as much as possible, though the rain and cold are always conspiring against me. On Thanksgiving Day, I met up with my homie, Tarela, and we went out to skate, only to be rained out of the first spot, so we went with plan b and headed to some covered spots, the first of which was in Brooklyn and the second in Manhattan. I just threw together a quick edit of some footage we were able to get.

Thanksgiving 2010 from Eby Ghafarian on Vimeo.



I had some other stuff to write about, but since that clip^^ is finally done uploading, I am going to take advantage of my time and go skate some spot safe from the rain for a bit and perhaps I will find some time to get back to it. I am going to Florida in a few days, so expect more content from there...

No comments: