Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I hate you commuters!

Everyday that I have to ride the subway is another day that I hate riding the subway. Some people don't know how to be considerate of others. Here are some of the ways that people on the subway make me hate people:
- Eating smelly/loud food.
- Chewing with their mouths open/smacking their food/eating like a horse.
- Clipping their nails.
- Being a smelly, wet bum.
- Preaching about god and the rapture.
- Listening to their headphones on full blast...sometimes I can hear it from half way down the train car.
- Being a fat adult and thinking you can fit in a spot only big enough for a (non-fat) child.
- Coughing/sneezing into your hand and immediately grabbing the railing with the same hand.
- Talking mad loud, saying the "n" word/son/dog/yo every 2 words.
- Sitting with legs wide open, taking up 3 spots.
- Trying to read what you are reading over your should.
- Gawking at anything you do I am guaranteed to have 90% of the train car watching me put a new board together on the train...it isn't that interesting. I am sure the newspaper you put down to watch me in amazement is much more interesting. I think there are some layoff you can read about.
- etc. etc. etc.

I can go on for days about this...one of the worst part about new york. I can also go on about people not outside of the subways. Like the person behind you in line at Wholefoods that either keeps bumping you with their basket because they are so close to you or that ends up standing next to you (as though they are going to check out with you). But I will spare you all of that, as I am sure you have your own experiences and I don't want to bring them any further back to the surface that I may have already. Sorry.

On a positive note, my birthday is tomorrow...too bad I am sick and it is going to rain.

No comments: