Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter (Re)mix

Check out the Jahmal Williams interview on 48 Blocks. Don't miss the commercial on the left for Hopps. Josh Stewart (of Static 1, 2, & 3) put it together.

If you live in New York City, you know how wet and snowy the weather has been lately. I tried skating the BQE spot in Brooklyn yesterday, but it was too damp and there were a bunch of kids in the way. This has left me to skating the bowl a lot lately. That is not a bad thing, though. I have been getting more comfortable there and have been trying to get into things outside of 50-50s and 5-0s, which has led to a lot of falling down and getting hurt. I actually jammed my middle finger into one of the brick walls, bending my fingernail back causing a steady flow of blood, in which I wrapped with a tissue and some duct tape I found (I just found the duct tape, I had the tissue in my bag...I'm not that gross). I took a photo, which I am sure will be posted on here soon. Anyway, again, I noticed people taking advantage of keys with literally 6 people to 1 key yesterday. That is not cool. Bring one or two, not your whole crew at once.

I need to get out of this winter abyss. California, Australia, anywhere warm...can you bring me over? k, thanx, bai.

Here are some more photos I have taken.


I was waiting for Batman to appear or something.


Camille smelling the fresh snow. I think this was from the first significant snowfall of the season.


They have jokes at Vinnie's in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.


This was my dinner of many nights during my tenure at NYU. Whole Earth Bakery on St. Marks (btw. 1st and Ave. A) has the best vegan pizza in NYC.


I guess pigeons don't fly south for the winter?


Christmas lights burning through the snowy layers.


This guy was laid out on the floor of grand central, totally not down to deal with all the people tromping by.


This is where we get most of our fruit. We call it the cat place since there is an awesome cat that lives here and barks at birds.


Home (in one sense of the word).

I posted these on my Tumblr but figured that I would post them here too.


Eby (me) - pivot fakie at the BQE spot in Brooklyn


Maurice - front rock

No comments: